imap migration tools

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Thu Jan 8 10:14:50 EST 2004

Hi folks,

I've just set up a new machine and have everything working almost exactly
the way I want. I am at the last stage of migrating off an old system. I
often see discussions here about which tools people need to do a proper
migration from one server to another, but apparently my search foo is
kinda weak.

Basically I want to do a copy from IMAP to IMAP, both servers being cyrus
- one version 2.1 and the other 2.2. From the searches I ran it seems that
the general concensus is to use imapcp, however it's homepage seems to
think it's experimental software and it hasn't been updated since august.
I don't mind unsupported, but experimental kinda frightens me :-)

In any case, I tried something similar a long time ago and I remember
having issues with various mailboxes that simply had a crapload of mail in
them. I'm wondering what people's experiences are moving several thousand
messages in one mailbox and 1-500 megs worth of mail for any one folder. I
don't want the script dieing half way through the transfer.

Any pointers to other tools that might fit the bill would be appreciated
too. Thanks much :-)
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass