Slow response

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Thu Jan 15 13:09:31 EST 2004

I've gotten a request (from someone I'd rather not say 'no' to) to
create an IMAP account with a period in the username. If I set
"unixhierarchysep=yes" in imapd.conf on an already established 2.1
server, what kinds of problems can I expect to run into?

The server already disallows mailbox names with slashes, so I wouldn't
expect that to be a problem. I'm sure nobody is trying to deliver
messages directly to any mailboxes besides their INBOX, except through
sieve scripts.

--
Jules Agee
System Administrator