Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.3 Released

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Fri Jan 16 17:34:05 EST 2004

Rob Siemborski <rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> I'm quite pleased to announce the long-awaited stable release of Cyrus
> IMAPd 2.2.3.  This release contains substantial new features over the 2.1
> series including extensive support for mailbox annotations, NNTP, much
> more stable process accounting, and of course, virtual domains.
>
> This release also contains support for Berkeley DB 4.2, runtime
> configuration of cyrusdb backends, a socket map daemon compatible with
> Sendmail 8.13, and much more.

Now that cyrus supports db4.2, is it recommended to upgrade installs
that use db4.0 to db4,2 as part of an upgrade to 2.2.3?

If so, is there anything I need to do other than point cyrus at the
4.2 libraries during the compile?

(Is there a command I can run to tell what DB formats I'm using on my
2.1.15 install?  I want to convert to the defaults if possible,
although I'm already running skiplist for the mboxlistdb and the seendb)

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen            ted at impulse.net
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2         secabeen at pobox.com