Slow response -logs

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jan 16 21:08:22 EST 2004

Troy McKinnon wrote:
> Please help I am getting desperate :(
> I would really appreciate any feedback at how to resolve this issue.

Try using ptrace/strace on the processes in question - it can often tell
you where they're being held up - DNS lookup, opening a tcp connection,
etc - and give you a good line on what to investigate.

"man imapd.conf" has more info on debugging cyrus using strace/ptrace;
when it comes to your MTA you'll need to find that out separately.

I use this debug command in my imapd.conf:

debug_command: /usr/bin/strace -tt -o /tmp/strace.cyrus.%s.%d -p %2$d

which is from somewhere in the Cyrus docs.

Craig Ringer