OT - Getting Sendmail to not rewrite the recipient (to) address

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Sat Jan 17 16:15:29 EST 2004

David W. Wormuth wrote:
> I haven't integrated sendmail and cyrus, hence the OT (off-topic) in the
> heading. My domains Y.org and Z.org are cnames for X.org

Sendmail replaces CNAMEs by "real names". Use A records insted of CNAMEs
in DNS zone.

Your sendmail can be instructed to skip CNAMEs replacement but you can
not stop servers beyond your control from replacing CNAMEs by "real names".

P.S.
You may try to get sendmail related help via news:comp.mail.sendmail

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://anfi.freeshell.org/
anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl