New configure options in 2.2.3?

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 16 09:20:24 EST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Simon Matter wrote:

> --enable-annotatemore
>
> It's still in the docs but I can't find it in configure. Does it have no
> effect anymore?

ANNOTATEMORE is always enabled in 2.2.3.

> --with-mboxlist-db=something
>
> The upgrade docs tell me that I can still use this option to define mbox
> db, or is this all gone with 2.2.3. I expected this will change the
> defaults in 2.2.3 which are used when no db is configured in imapd.conf.

This is all gone, you just use the imapd.conf options now.

I suppose we should clean up the earlier bits of install-upgrade.html, but
you should always read that file from least recent version to newest, and
it should all be covered.

> The background here is that I'm looking for a way to determine which dbs
> are used if there are no backends configured in imapd.conf. I found out
> that lib/imapoptions contains the defaults but I didn't find the place
> where the new configure time defaults are stored after using
> --with-mboxlist-db=berkeley.

"man imapd.conf" will tell you the defaults (they are the same as the old
compile-time defaults).

-Rob