Problem With installing IMAPD

Alasdair Hatfield alasdair-hatfield at embedded-designs.be
Tue Jan 20 06:28:25 EST 2004

Hi Cody

It looks as if you have possibly installed cyrus-sasl in a non-standard
location. ie you used --prefix. I ran into alsorts of problems wanting to
install all the applications and utilities in /usr/local instead of using the
defaults. To get around this one you have described below, I expect, although
I can't check at the moment, there is a further parameter that can be handed
to ./configure of imapd telling it where sasl was installed.

use:
> ./configure --help | grep sasl

This should flush it out. Use it giving the right directory, which might be
the install directory (same as prefix) or the exact location of the sasl.h
file.
If not it requires manual modifications to the build to point to where sasl.h
is or installing sasl in the default location.

Good luck

Best regards
Alasdair