PTS & LDAP Take 3

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Sat Jan 17 21:08:45 EST 2004

>>I have determined that the way its currently setup (the ldap ptloader)
>>won't do what I want, so I am in the process of rewriting it for my needs.
>>

>Interesting.  Why is that?  (Not using it myself right now, but would
>like to at some point.)

Because it relies on a user having multiple memberof attributes to
describe their group membership. This is OK if thats how you do group
membersip, but I already protect various bits of the directory using
OpenLDAP's group scheme - a seperate group object that contains multiple
member attributes, each being the DN of the 'subscriber'. I don't want
to support multiple group schemes if I can at all avoid it.

I hope I didn't come off sounding like a jerk. I really don't mind doing
the work. It'd be twice as nice if others were interested, but if not
thats ok too ;-) I'd just like to see the API docs, or at least some
notes, if they exist. This is one of the major things that I really
wanted to see in Cyrus (external authorization). I'm excited!

Tim