Sent and Outgoing Folder issues

Mike O'Rourke mjoop at curia.op.org
Sun Jan 18 16:56:56 EST 2004

>>> "Troy McKinnon" <TroyMcKinnon at hotmail.com> 01/17/04 03:34AM >>>

In squirrelmail I get the following error on the Left Hand Navigation
frame.

ERROR : Could not complete request. CREATE "INBOX.Sent" Reason Given:
Permission denied

Also when I set up an imap account I have to remove the 'special
folders'
Sent/Outgoing/deleted because I get a similar permission denied error.

I am using the allowunixsep = yes .. not sure if this is related tho?

I did some googling and found some solutions for squirrelmail.

i.e. conf.pl --> SMTP --> cyrus

 etc but it isn't a squirrelmail specific error since it is the same
for
imap.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Troy,

I believe that this is really a SquirrelMail issue.

IIRC, when I changed my Cyrus installation to use the unixhierarchysep,
I needed to change the SM config under Command 3 (Folder Defaults),
items 3, 4 and 5 to INBOX/Trash, INBOX/Sent and INBOX/Drafts,
respectively (note the "/" rather than the "." seperator). Someone on
the SM list would probably know more about that, though.

Mike.