individual User spamassassin settings during lmtp delivery

Romeo Benzoni romeo at benzoni.org
Mon Jan 19 10:29:50 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 15:59, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Romeo Benzoni wrote:
>
> > So my specific questions are:
> >
> > 1. is my approach wide of the mark or are there better, smarter
> > solutions to achieve this?  (I've read about people doing this using a
> > deliver wrapper which calls spamassassin and then deliver. but I don't
> > like this kind of "fork and exec orgies")
>
> Implementing the spam sieve extension is probably a better way of doing
> this (rather than wedging it into deliver() directly).

I agree the implementation in the deliver() is not the perfect place.
But an implementation of an lmtp proxy which does make several
individual spam checks on a per user basis and then invokes the final
cyrus lmtp delivery for each user independently was to much for just a
POC.

is there an RFC or a draft for this spam sieve? links?

I always thought, that paradigm on sieve was to keep it simple. Not like
procmail which is very powerful but also very destructive when not
properly configured. so sieve is supposed to invoke/talk to other
processes!? Or am I missing something?

regards

Romeo Benzoni