Cyrus IMSPd 1.6a5 and 1.7a Released

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jan 23 10:56:44 EST 2004

--On Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2004 23:56 Uhr +0100 Sebastian Hagedorn
<Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de> wrote:

> Cyrus IMAP is configured with "servername cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de", the
> machine has multiple IP addresses and I thought there might be realm
> problems, but trying to authenticate using a0620 at cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de
> doesn't work either.

Got it, to some degree. Adding this line to /var/imsp/options:

imsp.login.realms N (cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de)

allows users to login using ... at cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de. The documentation
says it's only for Kerberos, but it works for DIGEST-MD5 as well. Hacking
sasl_support.c to call sasl_server_new with cyrus.rrz.uni-koeln.de as user
realm makes it possible to use bare user names as well.
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK