postmaster mail

Chris Stromsoe cbs at cts.ucla.edu
Wed Jan 21 16:29:02 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Scott Adkins wrote:

> What have you guys done?  I am more interested in the larger email
> system, ones receiving on the order of 500k+ messages a day.  Is it
> abnormal to see such a large volume of postmaster mail like this?  Have
> any of you developed a sieve script that would be useful to the Cyrus
> community as a whole?

We're averaging roughly 100k pieces of daily mail to postmaster (recent
highs and lows of 150k and 80k respectively) on around 2m pieces of mail
traversing the system.  Of that, maybe 1/4 to 1/3 feeds into cyrus.  On
all systems postmaster is stripped off for separate (non-cyrus) delivery
and fed through procmail scripts and filed appropriately.

-Chris