Problems with make all CFLAGS command

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jan 27 09:22:45 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 22:02, David Brown wrote:

> I'm fairly new to the Linux environment.  Please let
> me know if you have an idea how to resolve this Cyrus
> IMAP install

It looks like configure hasn't found your kerberos libraries and
includes. Try appending

--with-krb=/usr/kerberos

to your ./configure command. You may also need to

export CFLAGS=" -I/usr/kerberos/include "
export LDFLAGS=" -L/usr/kerberos/include "

> 3) Install appears successful until the CFLAGS
> command.  Then I get the errors shown below (partial
> copy of the CFLAGS command output). [NOTE:  "Fehler"
> is the German word for "error".]

It's actually an invocation of gcc that's failing with:

> /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: Datei oder

In other words: WTF is krb5.h, I can't find it.

I had significant kerberos-related issues with a test build of Cyrus on
my home FC1 system, but worked around them - in the manner noted above,
I think.

Craig Ringer