Upgrade from 2.0.16 to 2.1.15 debian package - cvt_cyrusdb aborts

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 09:43:48 EST 2004

Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> $ /usr/sbin/cvt_cyrusdb \ /var/lib/cyrus/user/s/se.seen.old flat \
> /var/lib/cyrus/user/s/se.seen skiplist Converting from
> /var/lib/cyrus/user/s/se.seen.old (flat) to
> /var/lib/cyrus/user/s/se.seen (skiplist) cvt_cyrusdb:
> cyrusdb_skiplist.c:1037: mystore: Assertion `key && keylen' failed.
> Aborted
>
> Obviously, Cyrus fails to open the flat files, complaining (rightly)
> of an invalid skiplist header.

I'm replying to my own post, on the offchance that someone else might
encounter this and find the information useful.

The flat seen files used by 2.0.16 sometimes seem to have a tab as the
first character of the file. I don't know why this is introduced in only
some cases, but if it is there, cvt_cyrusdb fails with the above error.
Opening the affected files in vi and removing the tab prior to
conversion seems to have fixed this.

Mike.