again question about migrating to cyrus

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Wed Jan 28 07:59:57 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:34:17PM +0100, Jeroen Baten wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to migrate my Kmail maildata to a Cyrus/imap setup to be
> more front-end independent.

I did the same here, so I can use mutt, kmail, evolutio, webmail, etc.
It's great.

> I can move a lot of messages over to cyrus but now I have come to a
> sudden halt. It seems that Cyrus refuses to accept a lot of old mail

How are you moving them?

> messages. I did an ethereal on the connection and cyrus responds a lot
> with 'invalid header'. A strace in the imap proces does not reveal which
> header he is complaining about and I can not find something like a -D
> startup option to increase logging. Syslog messages do not explain what
> is happening

I initially used mailutil from uw-imap to move the messages, but it complained
about some of them. I then tried mutt to move the messages and it worked just
fine. Are you using kmail to move them?