New rpms of Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.3

David Brown dbrowng1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 11:11:38 EST 2004

Ok, this makes sense, thanks Mark.  I've worked
through this when trying to install from source
(unsuccessful as well till now).

But I still can't get through the howto list.
Everything seemed ok until step 7.  I started
saslauthd, but I don't have any file at
/etc/sysconfig/saslauthd and have had no occasion to
write one.  Does "as needed" mean I should create one,
and what should it say?

Then I went ahead and tried to start imap with step
11, and I get the error: "cyrus-imapd: unrecognized
service".

I don't mean to skip around and I want to be thorough,
but it's not working for me.  I would appreciate any
more clarification.

Thanks!
David