Performance problems, compared to wu-imapd

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Thu Jan 29 11:36:27 EST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Kendrick Vargas wrote:
>
> > stores it's messages. If you configured sendmail and uw-imap to store it's
> > messages in maildir format (which I believe you can), then you'd have a
> > real test for testing the performance of one over the other. But at that
> > point, the configuration time to change the way it works makes the change
> > useless. May as well go with cyrus :-)
>
> You can't configure UW to use maildir format.  With good reason -- it is
> extreemly hard to get good performance for IMAP requests out of *just* a
> maildir format (I'm not sure if Courier does seprate indexing or not).
> Searching and sorting performance would drop right through the floor.

I always thought it was configurable to do do that... uw's cclient library
can read a bunch of different format mailboxes so I figured uw-imapd would
be able to read them, it is after all just another mailbox. I remember
seeing, once, something somewhere about a massive number of configuration
options available for uw-imap. I always just figured that changing the
mailbox format was one of them.
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass