Cyrus install problem

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Jan 29 11:57:39 EST 2004

Wil Cooley wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 03:23, David Grant wrote:
>
>>Ok, here is what happens when I make it. I'm running RedHat ES 3. I tried it
>>without any options. The configure was: ./configure
>>--with-openssl=/usr/include/openssl
>>

>>In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
>>                 from prot.h:56,
>>                 from prot.c:72:
>>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
>
>                                      ^^^^^^ Problem
>
> You should do what Ken recommended or just install the krb5-devel RPM.

Its not just a matter of installing krb5-devel.  RedHat, in their
infinite wisdom, decided to put this crap under /usr/kerberos (instead
of just /usr), so that you need to include /usr/kerberos/include and
link against /usr/kerberos/lib

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127