Antivirus solution

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 05:11:28 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 09:52:51AM -0000, Allister Gearon wrote:
> Hi all,
>  can anybody recommend an antivirus solution for scanning incoming email at
> least (outgoing emails would be a bonus) with a SuSE based (8.2) Cyrus-IMAP
> mailserver.
> Versions are;
> cyrus - imapd   2.1.12
> cyrus - sasl2   2.1.12
> fetchmail    6.2.1
> db    4.0.14
> postfix    2.0.6
>     Thanks for your help
>         Alllister Gearon

I have recently set up MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info).
You plug in your favourite spam catcher (SpamAssasin) & it can interface
to something like 15 antivirus scanners, the one that I have been using is
Clam AntiVirus (http://www.clamav.net/), open source & seems to have a well
updated database (again no subscription).

Slotted in nicely with exim, I think that MailScanner has postifx hooks.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org