Cyrus and procmail

Hussain Ali hali at ttsg.com
Fri Jan 30 13:53:16 EST 2004

Hi,

I don't know if there is a perfect way, but here is way that works
well for me.

Well assuming sendmail,

-------------------------------
to your sendmail.mc file:

add:
FEATURE(local_procmail)

remove:
MAILER(cyrusv2)
-------------------------------
to your global procmailrc script:

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
VERBOSE=1
DROPPRIVS=no
INCLUDERC=/home/$LOGNAME/.procmailrc 	# include
:0fw
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/pcd.sh $LOGNAME	# execute deliver

pcd.sh:
#!/bin/sh
LOGNAME=$1

/usr/local/bin/formail -I"From " | /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver \
  -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME

*make sure to make  chmod a+x pcd.sh
 you can also add other filters after the formail, such as spamassassin :)

install the new cf and restart sendmail. send out a couple test
mails to make sure it works.

good luck,

-Hussain