Virtual domains

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Fri Jan 30 20:50:46 EST 2004

Greetings,

      Whenever I send a message to one of the domains on my server the cyrus
log always shows the mailbox being used as user.userid and not
user.userid at somedomain.com as I suspected it to work. I have to create
mailboxes as user.userid. and this is not a major problem except I was
hoping that Cyrus would get around that problem with a userid being used in
more then one domain (i.e. webmaster at mydomain.com and
webmaster at yourdomain.com)

      I have set virtdomain: on in my imapd.conf file and I configured
sendmail per the configuration instructions for Virtual Domains in the docs.

      I am not sure if this is a sendmail issue or a Cyrus IMAP issue.  I am
using sendmail 8.12.10 on Solaris 8, Cyrus IMAP 2.2.3.

      Any pointers where to start looking would be appreciated.

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!