Migrating from UW imap to Cyrus

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Feb 2 11:58:09 EST 2004

One thing that bite me when migrating from mbox to Cyrus was POP3 UIDL.
Are you currently serving mail thru POP3, and do you plan to use POP3
with Cyrus ?  If yes, it is important to note that the way other POP3
daemon calculate and store the UIDL values is different that Cyrus.  If
you have any POP3 client that rely on consistent UIDL (ie they use
"Leave mail on server" feature of their client), they will break and
there is nothing you can do about it.

Just sharing experiences ...

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com

Kernel Preemption is a bad idea. Who are the users to think their
trivial tasks are more important than the kernel's ?