Helpful Hint on Virtual Domains, and Mail Aliases

Peter P. Benac ppbenac at emacolet.com
Mon Feb 2 17:49:36 EST 2004

To Whom:

    I found it very difficult to set up virtual domains and getting my
existing mail aliases working with sendmail.  It might have been helpful if
the documentation mentioned that I needed to get rid of my virtusertable,
local-host-names and to reference all the aliases in the my aliases file by
their respective domains.

    Having to guess all of this made the install very frustrating, not to
mention the stupid questions I did post to the mail list could have been
avoided.

Regards,
Pete
----
Peter P. Benac, CCNA
Emacolet Networking Services, Inc
Providing Systems and Network Consulting, Training, Web Hosting Services
Phone: 919-847-1740 or 866-701-2345
Web: http://www.emacolet.com
Need quick reliable Systems or Network Management advice visit
http://www.nmsusers.org

To have principles...
             First have courage.. With principles comes integrity!!!