2.1.16->2.2.3 on Linux

Ian G Batten I.G.Batten at ftel.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 11:45:54 EST 2004

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ian G Batten wrote:
>
> > It's in changes.html.  It didn't leap out at me when I switched, so
> > perhaps it might be worth making louder noises about.
>
> Actually, I was referring to install-upgrade.html.
>
> I'm not sure where we'd put this sort of stuff that is more obvious than
> "the upgrade documentation"

OK, here's the thing.

I thought that skiplist _was_ the default format.  The text is:

     * The Cyrus database backend configuration is now handled at runtime
       using imapd.conf options. If you are not using the default backend
       for  any  of the databases, make sure that you specify the correct
       backend(s) in appropriate option(s).

and

     * The  default  database  formats  for the mailbox list and the seen
       state  databases  has  been changed to the skiplist backend. There
       are  two  ways  of  dealing  with  this if you have been using the
       defaults.

I thought that meant ``no change''.  Looking at it more closely, the
default format for deliver.db is still Berkeley, hence my problem.  I
think it would be worth being more specific than ``the default
backend''.

ian