2.1.16->2.2.3 on Linux

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Feb 3 20:18:18 EST 2004

Ian G Batten wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Rob Siemborski wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Ian G Batten wrote:
>>

>>>I thought that meant ``no change''.  Looking at it more closely, the
>>>default format for deliver.db is still Berkeley, hence my problem.  I
>>>think it would be worth being more specific than ``the default
>>>backend''.
>>
>>All of the default values for configuration options are listed in the
>>imapd.conf man page.
>>
>>If you have a specific suggestion for a text change, please send a patch.
>

> I'll think about that.  The gist of it should be that the entries in
> imapd.conf should match the entries in the ./configure line.

The backends to use for each database are no longer fixed in stone at
compile time, so the ./configure options no longer apply.  If you're
saying that whatever you specify to ./configure should become the
default, then that *might* be possible, but I'm not going to spend my
time re-coding it.  I think the upgrade documentation is sufficient.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127