[OT] MUA's with "direct post" support?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Thu Feb 5 10:02:44 EST 2004

Ken Murchison wrote:

> If you're talking about posting via NNTP, the article will still end up
> having the To: header added by nntpd (if configured to do so).

Unfortunately no, I'm considering an environment where the users don't
have NNTP clients at all. Their only access to the shared folders will
be via IMAP and whatever method is used for posting. In this case, it
appears that the user would have to manually send a message to
"post+news.group" to start a new thread, so that the message will flow
through lmtp2nntp and get the right headers and such added. I can live
with that, but it means adding a button or two to the SquirrelMail
interface :-).

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus