folder pointing to another IMAP server?

Michael Bartosh mbartosh at mac.com
Fri Feb 6 13:41:39 EST 2004

At 10:57 AM -0800 2/5/04, Gloria Rom wrote:
>You wouldn't have to do anything but train your users if their email
>clients allow logging onto two IMAP accounts at once: one on the old
>server, and one on the new.

That's not the goal.

There are 5K users and about 8 support staff total. User training is
out of the question, beyond a pop-up window in the webmail client
that says "your old mail is in the folder called X" where X is a
folder pointing or proxied to the old server (UW IMAP).

Both pass off authentication to AD. Since the proxy approach doesn't
look practical I'm leaning towards modifying the webmail client to
re-use credentials and copy over messages to the new server.

--
Locusts and honey ... not since John The Baptist has there been a
voice like that crying in the wilderness. ... Every man knows he is a

-- Bono

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus