Cyrus + postfix

EppO eppo at darox.net
Thu Feb 5 10:48:07 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raymond Sundland" <raymond at sundland.com>
To: "EppO" <eppo at darox.net>
Cc: <info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: Cyrus + postfix

> Are you running postfix as user 'cyrus'???  It should be running as
> another user, usually 'postfix'.

Of course not ! ;). Postfix runs as postfix user and group. (only master
runs as root)

> In this case, you want to perform the same test as user 'postfix' in
> order to determine real-world ability to write to that socket.
You 're right !! I was focused to cyrus rights and I completly forgot to
check postfix rights.
Postfix wasn't in group mail although it seems to me obvious ! thank you so
much.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus