newspostuser --> To, but what about Reply-To?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Feb 5 12:22:48 EST 2004

+archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why newspostuser results
> in the adding of the To header instead of the Reply-To header?

I *believe* the logic that Larry and I worked out was that there might
already be a Reply-To header (if a message was sent to a person and CC'd
to a newsgroup for instance), so we thought it would be safer to just
create or add to any existing To header.

I might be able to be convinced otherwise.  Maybe you can have multiple
addresses in a Reply-To, I'll have to look.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus