newspostuser --> To, but what about Reply-To?

+archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Tue Feb 17 13:26:56 EST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Any article which gets posted to Cyrus nntpd will have the post address
> added to the Reply-To header, and this address will be present in the
> article when it is transferred to the outside news peer.

I thought I raised this concern, but it may have just been a mumble
to myself, something I do way too often and it gets confusing.

Anyway, yeah, I think it should be stripped before posting to peers.
Even if you block it at the MTA, it'll no doubt cause confusion for
those outside of your kingdom.

--
Amos
---