cyradm and salsdb2 ?

Fred Gravel mindedsmasher at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 01:12:52 EST 2004

Hi guys,

I need help with my setup...
I want to use cyrus-imapd with salsdb2 and Postfix with smtp auth using
sasldb2 too...

The postfix stmp auth is working... A created user: test, is able to send
email remotly...

So... i tried to send mail to that user...
<test at foo.bar>: User unknown in local recipient table;
( i think i know how to fix it... )

I tried a real user of that system...
<fred at foo.bar>:data format error. Command output: fred: Mailbox does not
    exist

I wanted to use cyradm... to create the mailbox...
#cyradm --user cyrus --auth login localhost
IMAP Password:

first, i do not know what is the password... and where do i set it... i
tried the cyrus user password that i did set with saslpasswd2 ... but it
still doesnt work...
Login failed: user not found at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/mach/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with login as cyrus
( i tried with --auth plain and it's the same thing... )

imtest is working ...
#imtest -m login -p imap -a test localhost
S: * OK mail.foo.bar Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.16 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE AUTH=NTLM AUTH=DIGEST-MD5
AUTH=CRAM-MD5
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN test {4}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

I don't know what to do... cyradm is not working... i can't create
mailboxes...
Some help will be appreciated...

Regards,
Fred Gravel.