How-To use Virtual Domains?

Stefan Nitz cyrus-imap at fantom.de
Thu Feb 5 06:17:21 EST 2004

dear listeners,
Am Donnerstag, 5. Februar 2004 08:01 schrieb Torsten E.:

> I'm using postfix & cyrus (2.0.16), and postfix "handles" two domains now.
>
> Is there a way to use cyrus with two domains, too?
>     [...]
> But this structure is for all users, so there can't be user-a in domain-1
> and domain-2 ..... and I'd like to separate it for the two domains, so
> postfix would "forward" incoming mails correctly.

I'm using pf 2.0.16 with cyrus-imap 2.1.15. postfix translate with its virtual
table the user1 at domain.tld -> user1_domain_tld ... .
In cyrus i create accounts like user1_domain_tld ... . This way i'm supporting
serveral domains.

BTW maybe we should have a look at cyrus-imap 2.2.3, because of its new
virtual domain support ;-)

peace & luck
Stefan

---