checking for db_create in RH9

Francesc Guasch Ortiz frankie at etsetb.upc.es
Fri Feb 6 03:59:42 EST 2004

Simon Matter wrote:

Hi Simon, thank you very much for answering me.

>>Hi. I have RedHat 9 and I'm trying to install cyrus-imapd.
> Looks like you messed up your box somehow. The
> cyrus-imapd-2.1.16-6.src.rpm compiles fine on stock RedHat 9.

I had problems running a cyrus-imapd binary installation.
So I tried to install from source. I read redhat db4 was
buggy so I built a new one with the db4.spec file from
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/

> What does 'rpm -qa | grep ^db' show you? It should be like this:
>
> db4-devel-4.0.14-20
> db4-4.0.14-20
> db4-utils-4.0.14-20

I just forced the installation of this over the ones I
installed and it just happens the same. Maybe I have
something else wrong in the system.

checking for db_create in -ldb30... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb... no
checking for db_open in -ldb... no
configure: error: this version requires Berkeley DB 3.x or later.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus