How unstable is cvs HEAD?

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Fri Feb 6 11:28:51 EST 2004

> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:58:22 +0100, Simon Matter wrote:
>
>> I've tried using nss_ldap to do this and it works but it's not the best
>> solution.
>
> Sounds interesting, at least as a band-aid for the time being.
>
> Could you tell a bit about your experiences, especially in the context of
> permission handling for shared folders?
>
> Why don't you use it any more?

I didn't start using nss_ldap groups in production. I just tried to figure
out how the 'group:xxxxx' ACLs work and how I can implement it easily. I
added 'group: files ldap' to /etc/nsswitch.conf and voila, groups worked.
The real problem I have at the moment is that all my LDAP servers are
OpenLDAP 2.0.x and 2.1.x and they don't support dynamic groups. So it
means I can use static groups ala rfc2307bis, which is also supported via
nss_ldap, but it's not exactly what I wanted.

Simon

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus