postfix 2.0.16 and cyrus w/ full e-mail usernames.

Cristian Mitrana cmitrana at xnet.ro
Sat Feb 7 05:06:36 EST 2004

Edward Rudd wrote:
> I am currently testing an upgraded postfix from 1.1.12 to 2.0.16. and I
> had postfix delivering mail correctly to the Cyrus LMTP socket when
> cyrus IMAP has usernames in the form of user at domain.com. (a virtual map
> from user at domain.com to user\\\@domain.com)  But with 2.0.16 this no
> longer works, it tries to deliver mail to domain.com again.. and bounces
> the message.. I posted this on the postfix users mailing list and the
> only response I got back was that this functionality was a "bug" in
> 1.1.12 and has been fixed in 2.0.16 (ie doesn't work on purpose).. Does
> anyone else have a similar setup to this? and how do you have it
> configured?  Eventually I will be moving up to cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 and
> using the native name based virtual hosting feature..

Show us the configuration of postfix. How do you deliver the mail
to Cyrus' lmtp socket (i.e what 'transport' do you use) ?
My config has domain.org in relay_domains and I use
relay_transport to point to the ltmp socket.
  Alternatively you could use a transport map ( see transport_maps)
and not touch the relay_transport and in the map file you just
point domain.org to the lmtp socket.

mitu

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus