usernames with an "@" symbol

Robin M. robin at primus.ca
Mon Feb 9 10:22:08 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Igor Brezac wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Robin M. wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Igor Brezac wrote:
> >
> > > What does your saslauthd.conf look like?  You probably need to set
> > > 'ldap_filter: %U@%r'.  cyrus-sasl 2.1.17 splits fully a qualified usernam
> > > to the user and realm portion before it is passed to saslauthd.
> > >
> > my /etc/saslauthd.conf was
> >
> > ldap_servers: ldap://127.0.0.1/
> > ldap_filter: uid=%u
> >
> > I modified it as suggested to
> >
> > ldap_servers: ldap://127.0.0.1/
> > ldap_filter: %U@%r
> >
> > After making the suggested modifications the mail gets delivered into a
> > hashed directory under /var/spool/imap/domain, but I still cannot log in
> > via webmail application such as squirrelmail.
> >
> > the ldap log still shows the unrealmed uid login while I logged in
> > through the web interface with robin at draftmail.org
> >
> > [robin at pdc]# tail -f /var/log/ldap
> > <snip>
> > Feb  8 22:06:32 pdc slapd[23259]: conn=611 op=1 SRCH
> > base="dc=draftmail,dc=org" scope=2 filter="(uid=robin)"
> > </snip>
> >

> This tells me that you did not restart saslauthd or saslauthd.conf is
> in the wrong place.

You are correct. After stracing the startup of the saslauthd it does not
read /etc/saslauthd.conf by default, and running "saslauthd -h" does not
show a switch to specify a config file. I do see the -O that I can pass
options which I specify the config file. Also Another thing that my rpm
had set in /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd was
mech=pam

I changed this to ldap and I now see in my logs the fully qualified uid
with the domain name appended.

[robin at pdc]#tail -f /var/log/ldap | grep robin
Feb  9 10:06:40 pdc slapd[1797]: conn=32 op=1 SRCH base="" scope=2
filter="(uid=robin at draftmail.org)"

I see that I am very close to having this working. Thanks for the help.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus