ldap/cyrus server

Adam Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Tue Feb 10 16:58:53 EST 2004

> IMAP + LDAP cover only a fraction of Exchange functionnality.  Mail with
> shared folder and LDAP address book cover, IMHO, the most important one
> but there will be many thing missing : shareable calendar, shareable
> private address book (twiddling ACL in OpenLDAP config might do it, but
> this won't be user-configurable), schedule conflict resolution and many,
> many more.

We've found OpenGroupware to fill this niche very neatly - and the
integration with Cyrus is top notch including SIEVE, vacation, etc...
And an XML-RPC API to the whole thing just for good measure.  And did I
mention Palm syncing that actually works?  That too.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus