upgrade from Cyrus 2.1.15 to cyrus 2.2.3 breaks LDAP auxprop authentication.

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Wed Feb 11 01:20:14 EST 2004

I'm using the ldapdb auxprop plugin that comes with OpenLDAP 2.1.22 with
cyrus sasl 2.1.15, which works perfectly with the sasl2 sample server
and client programs, postfix 1.1.12, postfix 2.0.16, and cyrus imapd
2.1.13 to cyrus imapd 2.1.15..   However when I upgraded to cyrus imapd
2.2.3 (all of these are using Simon Matter's wonderful RPMS), I always
get user not found when trying to login as any user.. (fully qualified
user like test at nowhere.org or the "cyrus" admin user).

And my ldap logs show nothing going on.. literally.. I see a connection
coming in from sasl, and then disconnecting.. no other activity is
logged. And I have the loglevel for openldap set to 255.

My auth.log shows "no worthy mechs found" and nothing in my imapd.log

What changed in relation to SASL configuration from Cyrus IMAPD 2.1.x to
2.2.x??

Here is my relavent imapd.conf

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
sasl_mech_list:  plain digest-md5 cram-md5 ntlm

sasl_ldapdb_uri: ldap:///
sasl_ldapdb_id: auxprop_user
sasl_ldapdb_pw: password_for_said_user
sasl_ldapdb_mech: DIGEST-MD5

Which is the same configuration as sample.conf (for the sample server
and client) and smtpd.conf (for postfix). Except those files don't have
the sasl_ prefix to the configuration directives..

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://outoforder.cc/

---