autentication problemq

Arturo Mardones arturo.mardones at coretech.cl
Wed Feb 11 14:51:40 EST 2004

Hi!...

I cant autenticate to my imap... and found this mail...
> Meantime I found the source of the problem.
> Before I had started with src.rpm version I tried to install from
sources.
> A residue of this attempt was lmtpd deamon still running.
> To make long story short; postfix used one socket, cyrus listening an
other
> and all configuration files were pointing to new socket (of course).
>
> How to detect ?
>
> lsof -U|grep cyrus
>
> cyrus-master and lmtpd should point to the same location.

Anyone can explain please??? If I use the command lsof...

master    1652    root   71u  unix 0xf793c080       1918
private/old-cyrus
master    1652    root   74u  unix 0xf7941080       1922 private/cyrus
master    2792   cyrus    5u  unix 0xc3ab7a80      16864 socket
master    2792   cyrus   22u  unix 0xf3ebe080      16888
/var/imap/socket/lmtp

it really necessary that third line and fourth point to same location?
If answer is yes... how?

Thanks in advance...

Arturo