SIEVE weirdness

Brian brianb at sboss.net
Thu Feb 12 07:54:29 EST 2004

Simon Matter said:

>> Seems like a problem with the auth method, but when I look in
>> /etc/imapd.conf he's using saslauthd ...
>>
>> postmaster: postmaster
>> configdirectory: /var/lib/imap/
>> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
>> admins: cyrus
>> allowanonymouslogin: no
>> allowplaintext: yes
>> sasl_mech_list: PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 shadow pwcheck
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What exactly do you want here? Since you are using saslauthd as
> sasl_pwcheck_method, you very likely use PAM/shadow to authenticate. Then,
> just use 'sasl_mech_list: PLAIN'. IIRC sieveshell is different from the
> other cyrus tools when it comes to using different mechs. Of course you
> need /etc/pam.d/sieve with proper config.

I probably wasn't clear in my last post.  The goal is to be able to make
sieve authenticate via plain, just like is happening with IMAP.  If I take
DIGEST-MD5 out of the conf file, then cyrus-imapd won't start.  But if
saslauthd is being used then where is DIGEST-MD5 being set?  I've also
tried using sivtest, but I can't seem to authenticate.

--
Brian

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus