login problem

Christian Beilstein cbeilstein at gmx.ch
Thu Feb 12 08:39:31 EST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2004 13.32 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your answer!!, I follow that howto but in imapd.conf I've
> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd and in imap file have two lines
> additional:
>
> auth sufficient pam_unix_auth.so
>
> account  sufficient       pam_unix_acct.so

well you do not really need them; they are written there to ease the
transition (if you want to allow "old" users in /etc/passwd to auth too).
If you just want to authenticate users via pam, the two lines i wrote in my
last email are sufficient.

> when make this changes... in messages log throw me this error:
>
> unable to open Berkeley db
>
> > /etc/sasldb2: Permission denied
>
> then I make chown cyrus:mail /etc/sasldb2
that's right :-)
--> -rw-r--r--    1 cyrus    mail        12288 Jan 20 23:25 /etc/sasldb2
you don't have to list your users in that db (except the user "cyrus" which i
assume you use to do administrative task must be in that database)

> and now throw me in messages and imap log :
>
> badlogin: [192.168.2.24] plaintext user.domain.cl SASL(-13): user not
> found: checkpass failed
have you started "saslauthd -a pam" and installed pam_mysql? Because then you
should see some stuff from pam_mysql in the logs.

> but whit this I use Berkeley db, and I want use the users created in
> mysql with webcyradm.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>

> Arturo.

Christian Beilstein