Outlook problems with long UIDL's

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue Feb 17 09:06:23 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 12:13:29PM +0100, Gregor Bruhin wrote:
> I don't know, I am just unable to reproduce the problem with some test
> mailboxes and different recent outlooks...

In the case I am aware of, you need to have UIDL of varying length.
Since POP3 UIDl are made by combining the mailbox's UIDVALIDITY and the
UID of a specific messages, you need to have message with UID that do
not have the same length in the same mailbox, ie UID 1 .. 9, 10, 11 ..
100, etc.

+OK frontend Cyrus POP3 Murder v2.1.16 server ready
<1369061931.1077027034 at frontend>
USER testuser
+OK Name is a valid mailbox
PASS ********
+OK Maildrop locked and ready
UIDL
+OK unique-id listing follows
1 1075496837.1
2 1075496837.2
3 1075496837.3
4 1075496837.4
5 1075496837.5
6 1075496837.6
7 1075496837.7
8 1075496837.8
9 1075496837.9
10 1075496837.10

This mailbox would break Outlook 2002, according to the report I
received.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus