maildrop error...

Anders Norrbring anders at norrbring.biz
Mon Feb 16 18:04:52 EST 2004

> Anders Norrbring wrote:
>
> >I managed to solve the login problem, now I get another error when trying
> >verify the install.  And just as before, I don't even know where to start
> >looking, I'm totally new to Cyrus.
> >

> >hulda:~ # telnet localhost 110
> >Trying ::1...
> >telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
> >Trying 127.0.0.1...
> >Connected to localhost.
> >Escape character is '^]'.
> >+OK hulda.the-server.net Cyrus POP3 v2.1.15 server ready
> ><4066026018.1076967268 at hulda.the-server.net>
> >user tsnet0001
> >+OK Name is a valid mailbox
> >pass NOTSHOWN
> >-ERR [SYS/PERM] Unable to open maildrop
> >

> >Where is this "maildrop" configured, and how do I locate the error?
> >
> >Anders.
> >

> >---
> >Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
> >Wiki/FAQ: http://cyruswiki.andrew.cmu.edu
> >

> Cyrus is logging everything to local6 syslog facility. You could
> reconfigure your syslogd: "local6.*  /var/log/imapd.log". While keeping
> on eye on /var/log/imapd.log, you should have a look at /var/log/mail as
> well.
>
> AFAIK, maildrop belongs to postfix not to cyrus ?!
> If this is the case you can't configure maildrop directly but you could
> start postfix.   ;-)
>
> I you want more help please post a "egrep '(panic|error|failure)'
> /var/log/mail" first.
>
> Regards,
> Marek

Well, postfix IS running.. And it really isn't involved in a telnet to port
110, is it?  It should only be cyrus if I understand correctly?

Anyway, the only thing in the mail.log is;

Feb 16 22:27:35 hulda postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
Feb 16 22:27:35 hulda postfix/master[1148]: daemon started -- version 2.0.18

No errors, nothing.

Anders.

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus