Question about MUPDATE master mailboxes list

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue Feb 17 15:59:53 EST 2004

Thanks, that answered most of my questions.  One last thing :

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 03:43:09PM -0500, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> It mostly should depend on how much of the database is already populated
> in the mupdate master.  If there's nothing there, and the database is
> syncing on every write, then I would expect 500,000 entries to take a VERY
> long time to run.

Is it possible to disable the syncing on every write ?  I don't mean to
use that in production, but when rebuilding database from scratch I
guess it would speed up thing significantly.

Any idea about how to find what have caused database corruption ?  I
kept a copy of the malfunctionning mailboxes.db before I rebuilt it.
I'd really like to understand what went wrong in case I might do
something to prevent this kind of situation in the future.

Again, thanks very much for your insight!

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus