Invalid mailbox name?

trichard trichard at hypermall.net
Tue Feb 17 16:18:37 EST 2004

I feel like I am getting pretty close to having this work.  I've been
stuck for awhile on this one issue and I cannot find documentation to
troubleshoot mailboxes and mail client access properly.

I can authenticate to the server using a mail client now.  However, when
trying to read the inbox it fails with the following message:

"The current command did not succeed.  The mail server responded: Invalid
mailbox name."

I feel I am missing something minor because the mailbox was created:

[root at post test]# pwd
/var/spool/imap/user/test
[root at post test]# ls -latr
total 20
-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail           76 Feb 17 09:16 cyrus.index
-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail            4 Feb 17 09:16 cyrus.cache
drwx------    3 cyrus    mail         4096 Feb 17 09:16 ..
-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail          159 Feb 17 09:16 cyrus.header
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail         4096 Feb 17 10:15 .

[root at post test]# cyradm -u cyrus -s post
Password:
post.mydomain.com> lm
user.test (\HasNoChildren)

post.mydomain.com> sasldblistusers2
test at mydomain.com: userPassword
cyrus at post.mydomain.com: userPassword

What am I doing wrong?  Maybe some setting in the client perhaps?

Thanks,
-t

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus