Invalid mailbox name?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Feb 17 21:27:06 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 05:18, trichard wrote:
> I can authenticate to the server using a mail client now.  However, when
> trying to read the inbox it fails with the following message:
>
> "The current command did not succeed.  The mail server responded: Invalid
> mailbox name."

(just a few guesses, really):

Perhaps your IMAP prefix in the client isn't set correctly? Most figure
it out correctly by themselves, but if you've manually set it it could
be incorrect.

Also - are you using virtual domains? I don't use them myself, but from
list traffic it looks like mailboxes in virtual domains must be named
differently.

Try using imtest to thrash things out, and only once that works try a
normal mail client.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus