db.spec.patch not successful :-(

Ruth Ivimey-Cook Ruth.Ivimey-Cook at ivimey.org
Thu Feb 19 01:50:37 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Simon Matter wrote:

>There are some more things to mention:
>
>1) The rpms are using FHS compliant directories (/var/spool/imap and
>/var/lib/imap). Everything should work with different configdir's but I
>have never tested it.
>
>2) The only db magic which the rpms don't do is converting db3 database
>files to db4. IIRC their binary format differs and one can not just move
>the db3 files to a box with db4 and expect it to work.
>
>Simon

I suspect, then, (2) is my problem; I think the db's are v3 format, not v4. I
had hoped that db4 could at least read v3 :-(

What is my best course of action to get a v3-based imapd that I can use to
convert to v4? Can I have v3 and v4 in the same executables, or do I have to
use two sets with, e.g., skiplist as the intermediary?

Thanks,

Ruth

--
Ruth Ivimey-Cook