cyradmin login failed

Luis Barrón barronle at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Feb 19 12:28:17 EST 2004

Hi!!

I intalled cyrus-imapd following the Luc's Howto, but I'm at the final
part of the doc where it says:

To use the cyradm CLI please take care that the tool does recognize
standard CLI- options like -u and similar. Please follow the syntax like
descried in the man page cyradm1 , like the followinf example:

#cyadm --user cyrus --server localhost --auth plain
Password:SASL2 password
IMAP password: here I give a password that I have just introduced

Then I received the following message:

Login failed: authentication failure at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i586-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with plain as cyrus

This is my imapd.conf
postmaster: postmaster
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap