Sendmail cyrusv2 mailer, bulletin boards, and {VirtHost} class

Derek P. Moore derekm at hackunix.org
Fri Feb 20 03:09:51 EST 2004

Howdy,

I've been spending my last couple of days gettin' Cyrus IMAP up and runnin'
(replacing UW-IMAP).  There've been a few kinks along the way, but I've managed
to work through most o' my problems.  In gettin' the shared bulletin board
delivery addresses working (+folder.name at domain.com), I ran into something that
may seem minor, but is very important, methinks.

I couldn't quite figure out why the delivery addresses weren't working from any
of my domains except for the FQDN of the mail server itself.  Digging through
my sendmail.cf, I found:

R$=L < @ $=w . >	$#cyrusv2 $: @ $1	special local names
R$+ < @ $=w . >		$#cyrusv2 $: $1		regular local name

I'm using the {VirtHost} class for my virtual domains, and the cyrusv2 seems to
ignore this new class.  Adding the following lines fixed all my problems:

R$=L < @ $={VirtHost} . >	$#cyrusv2 $: @ $1	special local names
R$+ < @ $={VirtHost} . >	$#cyrusv2 $: $1		regular local name

It seems to me entirely logical that the cyrusv2 mailer support the {VirtHost}
class by default.  It would be wonderful if both classes {w} and {VirtHost}
were supported by default in the cyrusv2 mailer for the next release of Cyrus
IMAP and/or Sendmail.

Peace out,

Derek

[ derek p. moore ]-------------------[ http://hackunix.org/~derekm/pubkey.asc ]