cyrus authentication

Robby Russell rrussell at commandprompt.com
Mon Feb 23 14:31:08 EST 2004

Robby Russell typed this on 02/23/2004 10:57 AM:
> Hello,
> I am new to cyrus and have been reading many webpages that contain
> walk-throughs, examples, etc and have run into a wall with trying to
> figure out how I am to get cyrus to properly authenticate a user.
>
> Installation of Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.3 on RedHat 9.
>
> /etc/imapd.conf (pretty much a copy of an example page)

I am looking at a few other examples and am trying this configuration now:

/etc/imapd.conf

> configdirectory: /var/imap
> partition-default: /var/spool/imap
> admins: cyrus root
> srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
> allowanonymouslogin: no
> sasl_passwd_check: shadow

I added a user like so: (assuming I got the -a part right?)
# saslpasswd -c -u some-domain.com -a cyrus-imapd cyrus

/var/log/cyrus-imapd.log
> badlogin: ip.xx.xx.xx plaintext cyrus SASL(-13): user not found: checkpass failed

however:

# sasldblistusers
user: cyrus realm: some-domain.com mech: CRAM-MD5
user: cyrus realm: some-domain.com mech: PLAIN
user: cyrus realm: some-domain.com mech: DIGEST-MD5

# sasldblistusers2
cyrus at some-domain.com: userPassword

So, the same user/pass is in both, but I am not sure which one I should
be using and which one is saying that the user doesn't exist.

Any thoughts?

-Robby

--
Robby Russell,  |  Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc.   |  http://www.commandprompt.com